[Devel] ser rpc interface

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Tue Jul 12 15:30:34 CEST 2005

Hello,

On 07/12/05 16:11, Ingo Wolfsberger wrote:

>Hello,
>
>ser has now a RPC interface.
>Will this also included into openser?

we want a generic interface between openser and transport protocols, to
avoid dedicated code for each management interface (fifo, unixsock,
xmlrpc ...). This will require some brainstorming, but afterwards it
should allow to implement different transports as module, e.g.,: fifo,
unix/network sockets, xmlrpc, soap, snmp ..., without major changes in
openser code. If you look now to the code, there are dedicated files or
functions for each transport in many of the modules (they are usually
ending in _fifo or _usock). xmlrpc is going to add a new set of same
functions (files) -- maybe the old interfaces will be removed, I see
severals opinions about this on ser's mailing lists.

So, to answer to your question, xmlrpc will be in openser, but not as a
duplicate code of fifo/unix sockets.

Daniel